Monday, April 26, 2010

April 25, 2010: Requisite Blue Bonnet Photo

The camping trip to Colorado Bend State Park was fun. I'll trade one stormy night in a tent for no mosquitoes any day! Sunday morning, I woke up at daybreak, looked out of the tent and saw the campgounds FULL of deer grazing - 40 or more - at least.

Pack It Up
The kids were sad to see the tent come down and all the stuff (strategically) loaded back into the vehicle. We need to do photos of that - next trip.

Mission Wildflowers... and More BBQ
And off we went in search of someplace to get a family photo in the blue bonnets - which are in quiet riot this year due to all the rain.

"Huh? What? You're ready?" I'm two inches taller with humid-camping-hair AND I need more coffee. Mark set's the remote up for the camera and runs over.

"My turn with the remote!" Scowls one child.

"No, it's my turn with the remote!" Whines the other. Kids will argue over menutiae at a moments notice...

Then, we're back on the road heading home to SA with a lunch stop for Bar-B-Que, of course.

Images by Mark Humphries. (click here)

1 comment:

HiHoOhio said...

sounds like a great trip...miss you guys and these adventures!